Occasional musings too long to fit in my facebook status updates

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Down With Comcast

I never intended to post out of anger, but this really ticks me off. I started moving into my house a week ago and, before doing so, contacted Comcast to have cable TV and internet installed. They said couldn't install, however, because the previous occupants had not had their cable TV uninstalled.

I waited a week and tried again. They have now informed me that they're coming to uninstall the cable December 1st. Great, I figured, they can install my cable at the same time and I'll be in business on Friday.

Ahh, but no, they cannot process an installation when an account is already active in a house. In other words, I cannot schedule an install until after they have uninstalled the previous cable (meaning next week at the earliest, which should make writing my term papers interesting). What, exactly, are they uninstalling? Beats me.

So here's my random thought: can one make a voodoo doll of a company?

No comments:

About Me

Buffalo, New York, United States